Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Your Profile

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poser -> 3ds Max Plugin

Post Poser -> 3ds Max Plugin

Hi, I'm here from White Shadow Digital to share some info about a new plugin we developed recently. It's called DAZ Generation 4 Automatic Character Importer, and it's meant to aid the user with bringing Victoria 4 and Michael 4 characters from Poser into 3ds Max - fast and easy.

It works with OBJ file format, Max versions from 2009 up to 2012 and relies on creating the character and posing it in Poser and then just quickly importing the mesh into 3ds Max scene for rendering or other modifications.

You can see the full product here, and the tutorial here. If you would like to buy it, it's only 10$.

However, we want to give away 3 free copies to some of you, just for testing and some feedback on this product. If you want to give it a test drive and give us some feedback - just post so! The first three people will receive fully functional version of this plugin, with no user limitation.

Thanks for reading,
    Jacob.

I havent found any issue with just exporting the characters from poser by using obj format then just importing them into max. I have done this many times with no problem. Theres even a free wavefront plugin you can use to import poser figures WITH bones into max. I made a video tutorial for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN2jF...eature=related
    Alough this technique will sometimes require some envelope editing in max with bigger character meshes.

if you wanna do something really clever that I would find useful and i think a few other people would as well, and thats finding a way to import full 3ds max scenes into poser with all induvidual parts ungrouped from a single mesh
    Last edited by archamedes; 02-01-2012 at 02:30 PM.

I would like to try out your Importer. Please contact me here. Thanks, Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteshadowdigital View Post
    Hi, I'm here from White Shadow Digital to share some info about a new plugin we developed recently. It's called DAZ Generation 4 Automatic Character Importer, and it's meant to aid the user with bringing Victoria 4 and Michael 4 characters from Poser into 3ds Max - fast and easy.

It works with OBJ file format, Max versions from 2009 up to 2012 and relies on creating the character and posing it in Poser and then just quickly importing the mesh into 3ds Max scene for rendering or other modifications.

You can see the full product here, and the tutorial here. If you would like to buy it, it's only 10$.

However, we want to give away 3 free copies to some of you, just for testing and some feedback on this product. If you want to give it a test drive and give us some feedback - just post so! The first three people will receive fully functional version of this plugin, with no user limitation.

Thanks for reading,
    Jacob.

+ Reply to Thread