Poser 9 trial

I didn't buy Poser 9 or Poser pro2012 but when I learned that there was a trial version I thought why not take a look and there I had a big surprise.

I found the method questionable. Already I was asked a credit card number and can not use my PayPal account ... short and then not surprised if I cancel the trial version of SM will debit the amount of the full version on my account to arrive at that date.

In France it is considered as the forced sale, it is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by _nathy_ View Post
    ... short and then not surprised if I cancel the trial version of SM will debit the amount of the full version on my account to arrive at that date.

In France it is considered as the forced sale, it is unacceptable.
    Hi Nathy - I don't understand what this sentence means - can you help me figure out how to help you? You have 30 days to cancel the trial or your credit card is charged for the full amount of the software, but you are not charged if you cancel. If you use a debit card for this process, your card may be authorized and depending on the policies of your banking institution, may appear as a held amount on the card. This is not a forced sale. You are using the software on a trial basis and do not have to purchase. You can contact customer service at any time during the period to end your trial and not be charged. If you have any questions or concerns about the process, I encourage you to contact our CS department and they can explain further.

Apparently, it's not a trial version, but a full working version of Poser that you get to try for a trial period. You have up to thirty days to cancel and if you do you will not be charged. If you don't, then they assume you want to keep the software and they charge your account. Honestly, I don't have a problem with that.

Yeah but that's rather distressing to me. We won't be charged for Poser 9 unless we decide to keep it after the trial.

I have a debit card, and it works for most purchases. I was unable to get the "trial" download, apparently because the money would have been put on hold. Why should I have my money put on hold if I wouldn't need to pay for it for 30 days?!
    Last edited by ron_knights; 09-26-2011 at 01:59 PM.

I understand but i am surprise. This is the fisrt time i see this procedure. I think many frenchies may not appreciate it. Lot of people load a trial version and forgot it... I am afraid many customers be upset if their account is debited.

If i buy the new version i am interesting by Poser Pro 2012 not Poser 9 and i will buy the sidegrade... so this trial is only a test for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ron_knights View Post
    Yeah but that's rather distressing to me. We won't be charged for Poser 9 unless we decide to keep it after the trial.

I have a debit card, and it works for most purchases. I was unable to get the "trial" download, apparently because the money would have been put on hold. Why should I have my money put on hold if I wouldn't need to pay for it for 30 days?!
    Ron, with all respect, if you accept the terms of the deal, you have no one to blame but yourself. And in this case, it's not like its a surprise that this is what they will do. It is your choice.

Hi Ron - This is something handled by your banking institution - we don't treat credit or debit cards any differently, but each bank processes authorizations differently.

Quote Originally Posted by _nathy_ View Post
    I understand but i am surprise. This is the fisrt time i see this procedure. I think many frenchies may not appreciate it. Lot of people load a trial version and forgot it... I am afraid many customers be upset if their account is debited.

If i buy the new version i am interesting by Poser Pro 2012 not Poser 9 and i will buy the sidegrade... so this trial is only a test for me.
    I apologize for the confusion and inconvenience - this is something we've done for all of our graphics products and new versions for some time without many complaints or hiccups. In the past we had more complaints about the limited demo versions and giving users a full featured trial has been preferred by the customers.

I never saw any deal to accept. There was indeed a surprise involved. There is no concept of fault here because nothing has been accomplished. Indeed, I believe the whole concept of fault is wrong. I am a customer trying to take advantage of a 30-day trial.

My current debit card is a MasterCard. It handles direct deposit of my Social Security Disability income. It's not a bank account. But it works for almost every online transaction.

I never saw any deal to accept. There was indeed a surprise involved. There is no concept of fault here because nothing has been accomplished. Indeed, I believe the whole concept of fault is wrong. I am a customer trying to take advantage of a 30-day trial.
    This is from the Free Trial Offer page. Maybe it wasn't there when you saw it: * IMPORTANT NOTE: When you put this item in your cart it will be discounted to $0, and you will not be charged for 30 days. A credit card is required. We will verify your credit card is valid and in good standing through a credit card authorization and a "pending transaction" may be noted on your account. If you use a debit card, a $50 "pending transaction" will not be available to you during the trial period. If you decide to cancel within 30 days, the pending transaction will be canceled within 48-72 hours. If you do not cancel within 30 days, your full payment of $249.99 will be processed.

Ok, thanks for the clarification or reminder.

At least you could get that far, I'm having real problems getting to the shopping cart part of the Smith Micro website, I've put my Poser8 serial in to get the discount, hit continue & the website crashes, I'm pretty sure it's my end that's causing the problem but I can't work out what is doin it.

OK I'm an idiot, for some reason I'd set my firewall up to block https connections, gotta check my bank account but looks like I'll be ordering Poser 9 later today.
    Last edited by c1rcle; 09-27-2011 at 04:52 AM.