Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mathman View Post
    It was at this early stage that I got stuck. The morphing tool seems to want to do its own thing. I was unable to get control over it. For example, why does it do nothing when you brush over the pants ? How can you stop it from selecting the underlying Genesis figure while you are brushing ? ... etc.etc.
    How many dots do you see in the pants mesh before you try to brush over it? Is it a dense mesh? (lots of closely-spaced dots) or sparse? (hardly any dots at all)
    Nothing is as uncommon as common sense... when all's been said and done, more's been said than done.

I rather like JoePublic's solution (on the other forum) - if it works, seems a good way to go. I've only ever used the Shift key and not had great expectations of pulling one mesh through another... but YMMV.
    Nothing is as uncommon as common sense... when all's been said and done, more's been said than done.

robynsveil, do you happen to have a link to that other thread ?
    Actually, I think I have made a breakthrough of sorts. I changed the "Relative To:" option from screen to surface. I then started brushing away, and the poke-thru just melted off.

Quote Originally Posted by mathman View Post
    robynsveil, do you happen to have a link to that other thread ?
    Actually, I think I have made a breakthrough of sorts. I changed the "Relative To:" option from screen to surface. I then started brushing away, and the poke-thru just melted off.
    Good ON you! Here's that link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forum...ead_id=2838285

6. The Following User Says Thank You to robynsveil For This Useful Post:

lmkendall (10-30-2011)

Lost, but I just found a clue, wait, no it's just gum.
    Sorry I used the wrong term, it's called group. On the morphing tool widget, in the create tab, group, there is a check mark and then a drop down menu to pick from. I hope that's clearer.
    Sorry if I confused you, I was running from memory (not a good idea).

No probs. I suspected that might have been the case.

The only problem I always have with the bone transfer, is that after I've loaded the skeleton, the clothing mesh inherits all the material zones of the donor figure as well as those it already had. Any suggestions? I follow the same procedure as the tutorial by Phantom3D.

Hey, im having a small problem i was really hoping someone could please help me. I've looked around everywhere and haven't found a fix. Ive created my character, he's weight mapped and all that, and i made him a shirt in zbrush, exported it as an obj and took it to the setup room. When i choose my character in the library the scene goes blank and it doesnt ask me if i want to transfer the groups/bones/weights etc. Has anyone ever had this issue?

Im using Pro 2012. Also ive used this technique on M4 and it works, so im assuming its a problem with my figure but i have no idea what. Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by adam2kl4u; 07-03-2012 at 03:14 AM.

I know the thread is old but...
    Good suggestions and walk through.
    I tried this with the millennium horse and items for it but it's not working. I take it the "auto rigging" is only for human like figures?

Where you say: "Next with the obj selected we go to the setup room. In the setup room select the figure you want the pants to conform to. In this case Brad." Do you load the skelton, I don't understand how you pick the figure you want to conform to. ? Thanks

The skeleton, known as Andy, is Poser's default figure. If you have installed any other figures, they'll be in the first library that loads. Select Andy and delete him by pressing a delete key and clicking yes when asked if you want to delete him. Now open the library and look for which figures you have installed.

Reading the Poser Reference Manual or clicking help will probably get you started better than we can. At any rate, most of what this thread covers is pretty advanced stuff. I'd also suggest looking through this forum for anything else you might want to learn first.

CHEERS!

Excellent tutorial, thanks!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8