Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Your Profile

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Make any clothes fit any figure in Poser 2012

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    Ah, oh well...

I might upgrade at some point, so, I'll keep this thread around!

CHEERS!
    A good plan, seriously. I finally upgraded during some promotional thingie and have never looked back. If you like really making stuff or having that really fine control, PP2012 is the way to go...

Believe you me, I'd love to!

I upgraded to P9 with the Early Adopter promo but could only afford to do that. If I do upgrade I'm inclined to wait till there are service releases available. Ok, yeah, it may be more expensive by then, but, I'd know I was getting a more stable version. So far P9 feels like a beta, most of them didn't feel to hit their stride till at least the third service release.

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by rendersapien View Post

I'm pretty sure I did everything just like it said on the first page of this thread, only using a pair of shorts made for V4 that I wanted to see if I could make fit Alyson. After saving the new shorts to my library I opened a new scene and when I added Alyson from my library her hips, abdomen and upper legs are gone! Akkkk!!! What did I do? This is the first time I've done anything in the setup room but I really wanted to get some of the hundreds of clothing items I have for V4 to fit other characters. Any help anyone can give would be very much appreciated. I have PP2012 loaded on an AMD quad machine with Win7.
    Happens to me every time I try to conform a piece of clothing for Alyson. If I delete the bones, then try to import a new Alyson, she's missing what ever I did not delete in the set up room..
    Attached Images
    Last edited by eclark1849; 10-03-2011 at 06:36 PM.

eclark might I suggest you try wardrobe wizard. If the cloth is from Alyson and you are trying to make it work on alyson2, leave the bones in convert. I think there is even a feature which I have yet to try that adds weight mapping. I am not sure how it works, but it might add in the alyson2 weight maps to the new cloth from alyson (unweightmapped). Might not hurt to consult PhilC.

If you designed the cloth yourself, then take a look at PhilC's obj2cr2 script. He updated it to work in P9/PP2012 but I have yet to run it. That would at least get the bones in, but no morphs. Then run thru ww2 to add morphs and or weight mapping. Long way around, but it could get you to the finish line eventually
    "Why a four year old child could understand this.
    Run out and get me a four year old child, I can't make head or tail out of it"....Groucho Marx

Grichter, I'll try what you suggest, but I have to say I'm seriously disappointed with Poser's Setup Room. It shouldn't be this hard to conform clothing. And if Philc can get it to work, why can't SM?

There are other ways to do it using a donor figure inside poser and I am sure there are tuts on how to do it I seem to recall, but the whole concept at the time was way beyond my feeble tiny little mind. So I got obj2cr2 and took the easy way out. That said, if you made the dress save it as a prop and use the cloth room, which is now my preferred method. Shoot I use ww2 mores so recently to convert conforming cloth to another character as a prop so it ends up in the cloth room vs conformer to conformer
    "Why a four year old child could understand this.
    Run out and get me a four year old child, I can't make head or tail out of it"....Groucho Marx

eclark, Are you trying to transfer bones or morphs or both? Waedrobe Wizard included in Poser will transfer both the bones and the morphs for any supported figure, like Alyson2. The setup room deals only with bones. The method outlined in this thread is good for transfering bones and the weightmaps to clothing for figures not supported by Wardrobe Wizard, like Brad. The setup room is not designed for and will not transfer morphs.

If you are trying to transfer just the bones and still wish to use the setup room let me know exactly what steps you are taking and maybe I can help. Is the dress a single obj? Is it welded? Does it have groups already? Once the bones are transfered with weight maps, you will still need to tweak the maps by hand.

The dress is one I made in Blender, and imported into Poser as a wavefront obj. I sized it to fit Alyson, Then took it into the Setup Room. I imported the bones from an Alyson figure and automatically grouped them. Now if I let it go right there, the figure is conforming, but when you come out of the setup room and conform it to an Alyson figure, typically the mesh breaks or sometimes even has pieces missing. And if I try to delete any bones while in the Setup room, those pieces will be present on the figure I import, but everything I did not delete, like hip, abdomen, chest, are all missing from the figure.

Ok from what you describe it sounds like you need to touch up on the groups that are created. Being that it is a dress without individual legs it will need some work on the grouping. Would you like me to take a look at it? I will see what the problem is and fix it. One of these days when I get time I will make another tutorial dealing with dresses but at the moment I dont have time. I will pm you with my email adress if you want me to look at it.

cheers.
    Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom3d View Post
    Ok from what you describe it sounds like you need to touch up on the groups that are created. Being that it is a dress without individual legs it will need some work on the grouping. Would you like me to take a look at it? I will see what the problem is and fix it. One of these days when I get time I will make another tutorial dealing with dresses but at the moment I dont have time. I will pm you with my email adress if you want me to look at it.

cheers.
    Mike.
    Please and thank you.

For the record, I did try gricther's suggest for OBJ2CR2 but it didn't work. Something about the dress not having Perspective UVs. It said I could use the Poser Grouping tool to create them, but when I clicked the button nothing happened. I tried to read the manual, but it only explained what it was, not how to do it. So basically, the script just stopped.

I'm guessing you could create those in the free version of UV Mapper.

Poser expressly has a button for creating them. I barely know how to open UV Mapper, much less use it properly.

eclark I sent you a PM with my email addy, you can send me the obj file there and I will take a look.
    Cheers
    Mike

everytime I conform the item to my V5 the clothing disappears.
    Love esther

oops - I didn't deslect the genesis figure when I exported my object clothing. i think it is working really well now.

spoke to soon - they disappeared again when I conformed. damn it! I'm doing something stupid I bet. but i"m catching a plane tomorrow so i won't have time to figure this out I don't think.

It's something to do with the scaling conversion of daz it might be on the hip damn I wish I wrote it down I can't remember. This is as far as I got. Got it to conform with some morphs

http://forum.daz3d.com/postimages/or..._2_3140766.jpg
    http://forum.daz3d.com/postimages/image_1_3140766.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phantom3d View Post
    With the pants selected open up your morphing tool. Now we can use the morphing tool to fix the areas that poke through. You only need to work on one side of the pants since you can mirror the results to the other side.

Once you are satisfied and the pants fit fairly well we can go to the next step.
    It was at this early stage that I got stuck. The morphing tool seems to want to do its own thing. I was unable to get control over it. For example, why does it do nothing when you brush over the pants ? How can you stop it from selecting the underlying Genesis figure while you are brushing ? ... etc.etc.

Home
    Lost, but I just found a clue, wait, no it's just gum.
    You can try to select the material of the pants in morph tool, that may help.

Quote Originally Posted by generalnutt View Post
    You can try to select the material of the pants in morph tool, that may help.
    Umm... how do you do that ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast