Threaded View

IDL Z - Tips and Tricks!

Did you know that you can adjust the Value and Strength of an HDRI in Poser to get the perfect lighting for nearly any render?

I will show you easy ways to create the perfect indirect lighting with my new HDRI set IDL Z, and you will see exactly how those minor changes render. You will learn how to change the brightness and saturation of your IDL. Best of all, to get the perfect lighting in your renders, all we need to look at is two fields! So let's go to the advanced tab of the material room and find out!

For this mini tutorial I am using my "Vivid" material on the IDL Studio Sphere. We will be focusing on the Ambient Value and Texture Strength. Scenes consist of IDL Studio Sphere, IDL Studio Cove, one Main light, and one Specular only light.

The Ambient Value controls the brightness of the HDRI in your scene, while the Texture Strength adjusts the saturation. So if you want a darker scene, lower the Ambient Value. If you want your render more gray, reduce the Texture Strength.

Check out the attached images for examples of Ambient Value and Texture Strength and the effect on renders.

Try it yourself to see what you can create!

Thank you so much for your interest in IDL Z!
    Luna

Attached Images Attached Images