Export Daz Studio annimation to Poser 7

Hi,

I have an animation in Daz Studio and I want to export it to a file format that I can open in Poser 7, so I can finish the animation in Poser 7.

I can't figure out how to do this and have not been successful at exporting a file type I can use in Poser.

Any helpful tips or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Re: Export Daz Studio annimation to Poser 7

I don't think you can import DAZ animation files into Poser, no matter what version Poser you have. You can bring poser stills into DAZ but not the other way around.

Wonder if there was a plug-in for this function???

I don't do much animation, but D|S can export files as bvh. You should then be able to apply the bvh file to your character. I'm not sure about the settings in Poser so you'd have to play around with them. Hopefully, somebody with more experience with animation can offer a helpful tip.

Go to DAZ3d.com forum and do a search for DAZ exports to Poser

This link will take you to a thread that will provide you with an alternative.

Just did a simple animation in D|S, exported it as a BioVision File (bvh), opened a figure in Poser 7 and applied the bvh file to it and the animation worked. Select "don't scale" when Poser asks. Arms are aligned along the X axis.'

Here is the tutorial on how to use the Poser Format Exporter once you get the plug-in...

WOW! This forum has again exceeded my expectations! Thanks so much. I will give those a shot. I tried the .bvh (not sure if I had the setting right as it had my character all over the map...LOL)- so I'll give that another shot too.

I'll report back when I've had a chance to read the tutorials and try them out.

Thanks again!

KISS KISS KISS - Thank you for the link ThunderStone!!!

It worked a charm! I couldn't find that information when I searched and searched and searched (been looking for DAYS!!!)

I'm so grateful to you!

You're welcome... ;-)

ThunderStone

OK, I made an AniMate combined animation. I saved it as a BVH and loaded it into Poser 7 Pro. I opened it up. The first frame was correct, but the characture did not animate at anytime through the clip.

What are the steps to get it to animate. I was able to save the BVH files and animate in DS 2.2 or what ever that version was. But not in DS 3.