Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
    • THE DAWN OF A NEW ERA...

As a result of the overwhelmingly positive response by the community around "Dawn", we are pleased to announce that HiveWire 3D, Poser World, Renderosity, RuntimeDNA, and YURdigital have joined together in support of this new 3D figure.

Dawn is the latest in a long line of historically significant figures developed by Chris Creek, creator of the original Poser figures, Dork and Posette, as well as the original Michael and Victoria figures. Created with both Poser and DAZ Studio users in mind, Dawn will be available in two versions: one with native Poser files compatible with Poser 9 and above, and another with native DAZ Studio files compatible with DAZ Studio 4.5 and above.

In a collaborative approach like never before, Poser World, Renderosity, RuntimeDNA, YURdigital and HiveWire 3D are working with merchants across the community to create supporting content for Dawn. All are welcome to join this effort.

"Through the combined efforts of this wonderful community at large, we will achieve great things with Dawn. But perhaps a more important outcome will be the unity we can realize". - Chris Creek, Founder of HiveWire 3D

"We are extremely excited about the new Dawn figure and the opportunity to create content for such an excellent 3D figure. We think this could finally be the perfect Poser character to work with". - Allen Harkleroad of PoserWorld.com

"It's very exciting to see a new wealth of creativity and community wide collaboration on the horizon with the release of Dawn. This is a very unique opportunity to come together and celebrate the talent and passion for art we all share across each of these communities". - *Tommy Lemon, Vice President of Renderosity

"I am awake and dreaming. Today four communities stand together shoulder to shoulder with someone who developed the most widely used figures in the history of our industry. How wonderful an opportunity it is to combine efforts with such historically vibrant and successful communities. This like minded group of innovators put their heads together, took a deep breath and walked across the bridge to a brand new future". - Syyd Raven, Founder of Runtime DNA

"The highly anticipated release of the new female figure, Dawn, from the extremely talented team at HiveWire3D will be a breath of fresh air for the Poser and DAZ Studio communities". - Clint Hawkins / YURdigital, LLC CEO & Co-founder

The future of Dawn will be decided by YOU

We stand together because of our shared belief in our communities, its members and creators who are the driving force behind each one of us. We openly invite everyone to participate in this new initiative in whatever way they can. Whether it be in add-on content, utilities, tutorials, renders or anything else, we encourage everyone to find a way to support those around them and help to further this landmark community project.

On August 9, 2013, Dawn will be released to the public at www.hivewire3d.com, with supporting content for Dawn released simultaneously in the marketplaces at Poser World, Renderosity, RuntimeDNA, and YURdigital.

This article was originally published in forum thread: THE DAWN OF A NEW ERA... started by RuntimeDNA View original post
      Comments 62 Comments
        rod_s -
        August 9th..... Hereby marked on my calendar..... Right next to photographing a balloon glow nearby. It's gonna be a busy and fun day!

She looks gorgeous! Hope my other girls don't get jealous....
        demontroll -
        So, what content will work with Dawn? Can I use Genesis clothing/hair with Dawn (in Daz Studio)?
        AfroditeOhki -
        Quote Originally Posted by demontroll View Post
        So, what content will work with Dawn? Can I use Genesis clothing/hair with Dawn (in Daz Studio)?
        I've seen people post wonderful results with the Autofit in DS, but as I don't use DS I can't give you any more info on it...
        But not natively, no.

Keep in mind that one of the best things in Dawn is the way she bends so realistically. That's something that will require clothing to bend to her... not to V4 or Genesis. Using V4 or Genesis clothing natively means having V4 or Genesis bends natively (and then, why bother with a new figure?)
        johnbiehl -
        I think its fantastic that there's finally someone who can break the monopolistic tyranny of DAZ3D and the genesis figure. So now its back to making it about the creation, not the bottom line of a thinly veiled, heavily slanted towards their own program kind of agenda. Congrats to the development team!
        wimvdb -
        There are now 2 videos posted to move clothing from DS to Poser and from Poser to DS
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=kcLn3jdVsbY
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=kcLn3jdVsbY

In the DS to Poser video they use the CR2 exporter from DS to create a CR2 which apparently converts the DS weight mapping to Poser format.
        In the Poser to DS video they use autofit to copy the weight maps from DS Dawn to the clothing because the DS CR2 loaded cannot read Poser weight mapping.
        This all seems quite easy to do

But it brought up two questions for me: First of all - the CR2 exporter can also be used to export genesis rigging to Poser, but the result has always been very iffy - lots of poke through when posing or morphing. Wouldn't Dawn have the same kind of trouble?
        Secondly. In the Poser to DS, autofit is used to convert the weight mapping from DS Dawn to the clothing. Without templates (and even with templates) autofit cannot handle all the different types of clothing. The Dawn weight maps and joint settings are not suited to fit items like skirts, long dresses, long sleeves, etc. The bikini shown is probably the only type of clothing where the Dawn settings can be used unmodified.

So - although the process seems very easy - I think it is only part of the story

I hope the weight map adjustments and joint adjustments do not cause too much of a problem
        n8dreams -
        I'd create content for Dawn, but I need the default figure. Have I have to wait for her official release?
        BadKittehCo -
        I caaaan't wait for Dawn.... are we doing a countdown yet?
        ghostman -
        Quote Originally Posted by BadKittehCo View Post
        I caaaan't wait for Dawn.... are we doing a countdown yet?
        Start counting!
        BadKittehCo -
        6 days to go!

if my math is correct
        tdezellem -
        I'm sitting on pins and needles for Dawn's release.
        ericwalters -
        GOOD Kitteh! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BadKittehCo View Post
        6 days to go!

if my math is correct
        ericwalters -
        M4 Requests that Dawn enter Eric's Runtime so he will stop picking on Poor M4 with all these morphs!
        dragon -
        I like this Girl, still waiting , great Job.
        Admin-Syyd -
        Eric, I think those morphs are fantastic LOL.
        ericwalters -
        Thanks Syyd- Just having fun! I've been working on aged displacement maps in Zbrush-problems with seams showing-thanks to Caisson, Esha, and DarkEdge I think I've got a handle on that. :-)
        Quote Originally Posted by Admin-Syyd View Post
        Eric, I think those morphs are fantastic LOL.
        mj007 -
        Is "Dawn" going to be "figure"; namely a female one, or a "platform" of figures?

Given who's she created by, I look forward to this new endeavor with HiveWire3D.

-MJ
        ghostman -
        Quote Originally Posted by mj007 View Post
        Is "Dawn" going to be "figure"; namely a female one, or a "platform" of figures?

Given who's she created by, I look forward to this new endeavor with HiveWire3D.

-MJ
        A Female figure
        yelocloud -
        Quote Originally Posted by ghostman View Post
        A Female figure
        Yes Dawn is a female figure with versions that works perfectly in Poser & DS. But in the right hands anything is possible ;-)
        Some previews of Mec4D's new male character, made from Dawn. Looks like our new Eve won't be all alone in that garden for long heheh

Attachment 91796 Attachment 91797 Attachment 91798

You can follow Cath's amazing WIP on the Hivewire3D boards: http://hivewire3d.com/forum/showthre...for-Dawn-W-I-P
        missb -
        OK, now that I've drooled all over my keyboard. Is it the 9th yet?????
        shvrdavid -
        Quote Originally Posted by missb View Post
        OK, now that I've drooled all over my keyboard. Is it the 9th yet?????
        Almost...
    Get Social with RDNA:
    Runtime DNA Inc 1-877-789-8849 (M-F 9A-5P EST)
    Copyright 2001-2013 All Rights Reserved